Peru Ayahuasca experience 2017 Chapter 1.
I was fucking tired! Tired all the time and tired of being tired!
The doctors had failed repeatedly over the last few years to diagnose sleep apnea but eventually one bright spark recognized my symptoms and sent me to sleep specialists. They have since armed me with a CPAP machine (breathing apparatus) and life is flooding back into my oxygen deprived body, literally breathing life into my lungs. The crash dive towards an early death has managed to level off inches above the ground and I've been pulled back like a bungee cord stretched to the max.
The doctors had failed repeatedly over the last few years to diagnose sleep apnea but eventually one bright spark recognized my symptoms and sent me to sleep specialists. They have since armed me with a CPAP machine (breathing apparatus) and life is flooding back into my oxygen deprived body, literally breathing life into my lungs. The crash dive towards an early death has managed to level off inches above the ground and I've been pulled back like a bungee cord stretched to the max.
Leading up to this it would be fair to say I have abused my body with any and all substances known to man that alluded to the promise of oblivion from the pain and mediocrity of life for the last thirty or so years. I have been cursed with emotional intelligence in a world which on the whole is seemingly devoid of any traces of such intelligence. Hence the reason for the self medication. Obviously a stupid attempt at solving the pain I feel at just being alive but none the less it was the path I chose.
I had reached a point of quiet desperation and surrendered myself to hastening the arrival of "the reaper" by any means possible. Then, one day I came across a Joe Rogan podcast on youtube discussing the topic of Ayahuasca. BANG! Something inside me sensed a new paradigm and a shift happened. Now, I have heard of DMT and Ayahuasca on my travels and have always been fascinated by it but have never come more than tantalizingly close. I then looked at a healing center recommended by a friend and by the end of the day I had booked a flight to Peru and paid the deposit to give me a place on the retreat. I am now into the so called "dieta" and have been off antidepressants for six weeks after being on them for about that many years or more. No red meat, no dairy. I have stopped drinking milk. No booze, er, hum, er well I will keep trying. There are few other things to give up as well as this will enhance the experience or so I am told. I have an addictive nature so give me a break! Giving up everything at once would probably make me want to kill someone.
Ayahuasca has been known in the west for about fifty years and clinical research has found it to help break negative thought patterns, addictive traits, depression and many other malaise. It is a powerful detoxifier and not a recreational drug. The shamen refer to it a medicine which is the combination of a root and a vine from two separate plants. How they discovered this combination from over 150000 plant varieties thousands of years ago is mind boggling. The combination is essential as the body breaks down the active ingredient DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptamine) in the gut. The second plant acts as an inhibitor allowing the body to absorb it.What follows I believe is a journey into one's deepest, truest self and an ability to see a new way of living your life. It will not miraculously solve all of life's problems but show you the way to live a better more fulfilled life. This is conjecture on my part at the moment but from all the testimonies I have listened to or read this is what I believe to be the case and am hoping to be the outcome.
The experience will take place at a center on the edge of the jungle near Pucallpa. It is a nine day retreat with four ayahuasca sessions. There will be Reiki, meditation and yoga to ease the mind and body as well as healthy vegan food and mud baths to boot! The center I have chosen is www.nimeakaya.org. I have been in regular contact with the facilitators there and they seem very helpful and responsive. I feel confident that I will be in good hands. I have 9 days until I fly to Peru. Woohoo! Tick fucking tock!
Ayahuasca has been known in the west for about fifty years and clinical research has found it to help break negative thought patterns, addictive traits, depression and many other malaise. It is a powerful detoxifier and not a recreational drug. The shamen refer to it a medicine which is the combination of a root and a vine from two separate plants. How they discovered this combination from over 150000 plant varieties thousands of years ago is mind boggling. The combination is essential as the body breaks down the active ingredient DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptamine) in the gut. The second plant acts as an inhibitor allowing the body to absorb it.What follows I believe is a journey into one's deepest, truest self and an ability to see a new way of living your life. It will not miraculously solve all of life's problems but show you the way to live a better more fulfilled life. This is conjecture on my part at the moment but from all the testimonies I have listened to or read this is what I believe to be the case and am hoping to be the outcome.
The experience will take place at a center on the edge of the jungle near Pucallpa. It is a nine day retreat with four ayahuasca sessions. There will be Reiki, meditation and yoga to ease the mind and body as well as healthy vegan food and mud baths to boot! The center I have chosen is www.nimeakaya.org. I have been in regular contact with the facilitators there and they seem very helpful and responsive. I feel confident that I will be in good hands. I have 9 days until I fly to Peru. Woohoo! Tick fucking tock!
Comments
Post a Comment